Attn: Taki Nagase
411 W. Northmoor Road
Peoria, IL 61614
2017 Summer Term (May 22nd, 2017–August 13th, 2017)
Number of classes: 7
I was fascinated by statistics, when I was at the Newcastle University in England. When my family moved to Normal, IL ten years ago, I became a part-time student studying mathematics. Through the study of applied statistics, I have been learning how mathematics can be useful in the real world. My current interest is data mining, which is a study of analyzing big data with statistical techniques, and which involves programing using statistical software, such as R and SAS.
I graduated from the Illinois State University in December 2015. I was fortunate to be taught by great professors who are devoted teachers as well as researchers (some of my teachers are known worldly as pioneers in their fields).
I am very excited to meet my students in MAT 145 and MAT 161. I am very fortunate to have an opportunity to teach at Midstate College where all the teachers, staff, and administrators are passionate about helping students to succeed, as this fits well with my values of teaching and learning.
M.S. Applied Statistics in Mathematics, 2015Illinois State University
B.S. Mathematics, 2012Illinois State University
M.S. Agricultural Economics, 1977Newcastle University, England
Dissertation: A Time Series Analysis of the Demand for Fish in the UK
M.S. Marketing, 1974Kindai University, Japan
B.S. Business Administration, 1972Osaka University of Economics
Midstate College (2015–present)Adunct Faculty
Projects during M.S. Applied Statistics in Mathematics (2013–2015)Projects:
• “The Analysis of Statistical Models That Classify Different Consumer Products into Classes,” 2015.
• “Analysis of Variables Which May Influence Children’s Stuttering Using Classification and Clustering Models,” 2014.
• “Multiple Linear Regression on the Variables Which May Influence Children’s Stuttering,” 2014.
• “The Analysis of Life Expectancy in the USA Using Multiple Linear Regression Models,” 2014.
• "Price of Farmland in Northwestern Iowa Using Multiple Linear Regression Models,” 2013.
• “Time Series Analysis on Farmland Price in Iowa,” 2013.
Illinois State University (2013–2015)Computer Laboratory Supervisor