Tuition, Fees, and Refunds
Tuition Rates, List of Possible Fees, and Refund Policies for Students
- Tuition for 12 to 19 credit hours per term: $5,410.00 per term
Part-Time Attendance/Single Subject
- Tuition for less than 12 credit hours per term: $381.25 per credit hour
Over Full-Time Attendance
- Administrative approval is required to take over 19 hours of credit.
- Tuition for 20–23 credit hours (5 classes): $6,300.00
- Tuition for 24 credit hours (6 classes): $7,000.00
Tuition is subject to change annually.
All tuition costs and fees are payable in full by the first day of each term. Midstate College offers a payment plan to students who are unable to pay the full amount by the due date. Questions concerning this payment plan should be directed to the Student Accounts Department.
Graduates will not receive a degree, diploma, or official transcript until the balance owed is paid in full. Midstate College reserves the right at the time of registration to require full payment from students who have failed in the past to pay tuition and fees on time.
|Application – upon enrollment (non-refundable)||$25.00|
|Graduation (last quarter only)||$150.00|
|Additional Degree or Diploma (each)||$15.00|
|Cap and Gown for Associate and Diploma||$22.00|
|Cap and Gown for Bachelor Degree||$42.00|
|Single Subject Tuition Deposit||$25.00|
|Course Proficiency Application||$25.00|
|Course Proficiency Credit Award||$125.00|
|Prior Learning Assessment Application||$25.00|
|Prior Learning Assessment Workshop (optional)||$125.00|
|Prior Learning Assessment Credit Award||$125.00|
|Allied Health Lab||$150.00|
|Health Information Software||$150.00|
|Stenographic Machine Damage Deposit||$100.00|
|Stenographic Machine Rental (quarterly)||$100.00|
|Realtime Reporting Case CATalyst (Student) Software||$495.00|
|Realtime Reporting MyRealtimeCoach speedbuilding (quarterly)||$180.00|
- Textbook charges are additional for all courses. The average textbook expense per class is $100.00. The Midstate College Bookstore will ship textbooks for an additional $20.00 fee.
- Supplies for all programs average $150.00 per academic year.
- Select courses will be charged an additional $70.00 technology usage fee. This fee will cover software, computer usage, licensure fees, and technical support.
- Medical Office Technician and Pharmacy Technician applicants will be required to have an Illinois State Police background check. Those persons identified on the list will need to meet with the program director prior to admission. The charge for the background check is $35.00 and is the responsibility of the student.
- All students entering the Medical Coding and Billing program and Health Information Technology program must have an Illinois State Police background check. Those persons identified on the list will need to meet with the program director prior to admission. The charge for the background check is $35.00 and is the responsibility of the student. Students enrolled in the Medical Coding and Billing program and Health Information Technology program may be required by Professional Practice Experience host sites to have an additional background check, immunizations, physical examination, drug screening, and uniforms. These expenses will be the responsibility of the student. Health Information Technology students will be required to enroll as student members through the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA). Membership dues for students are $45.00 and may be incorporated into financial aid. For additional details, see the AHIMA Store.
- Stenographic machine rentals are available to on-campus Realtime Reporting Machine Shorthand Theory I, II, and III students only. Students will be expected to purchase a realtime writer (stenographic machine) approximately nine months after entering the Realtime Reporting program. Realtime Reporting students who do not attend on-campus courses their first quarter must purchase their own steno machines that meet certain specifications. More information is available about stenographic machine ordering and the Investment Certificate Program through the Bookstore.
- All Realtime Reporting students must own or purchase a laptop that meets specifications for the current Case CATalyst (Student) Software. Realtime Reporting students who take theory, speedbuilding, or skills classes via eLearning are required to purchase a license for the current Case CATalyst (Student) Software. The software license can be purchased for $495 through the Midstate College Bookstore. Once purchased, Midstate College will contact Stenograph to initiate the transfer of the license from the College to the student, at which point the software can be installed and activated on the student’s computer.
Midstate College has a fair and equitable refund policy for students who completely withdraw from classes.
Official notice of withdrawal through the Student Records Office is required. Courses must be officially dropped with the Student Records Office by letter, phone or in person. We highly recommend that students considering withdrawing seek the advice of their program director and/or instructor(s) and financial assistance officer prior to making a final decision. Non-attendance does not constitute an official withdrawal.
Refunds are made within 30 days of the withdrawal date for official withdrawals. For students who fail to notify the College of withdrawal, refunds are made within 30 days of the date the institution determines the student is no longer enrolled or at the end of the term, whichever is earlier. For determining refunds for students who do not officially withdraw, the institution will use the student’s last date of attendance or the date of the last documented academically related activity. All book charges, fees and unpaid balances shall be deducted from the refund.
For additional information regarding refunds, please see page 35 of the Midstate College Catalog.